Keilor Hotel and Keilor History

A rare survivor among the wayside inns that opened in the squatting era, the history of the Keilor Hotel dates back to 1849

The Keilor Hotel was established in 1849 by a James Mitchell, a Scot, the name then was the Galway Arms Tavern, the name of our Bistro today.  It changed its name to the Keilor Hotel around the 1860’s but was also known as the Red Lion Hotel. The crossing […]